I remember when I first started writing, publishing wasn’t even on my mind. I simply found I loved to write. It was only when my kids asked me to print out my stories, I began thinking. Was there another way? What else could I do with these stories? who else would like to hear them, benefit from them?
However, I also found myself facing a brick wall when I thought about publishing. I wrote down the challenges I face. Today as a publisher, I find authors are still facing the same fear, challenges and obstacles I faced.
- Fear of rejection.
- Fear that your work is still not good enough to publish or will never be good enough.
- Fear of the unknown
- Fear that you are getting in over your head.
- Fear you will be ripped off by unscrupulous publishers
- The cost factor
- Fear of losing your book rights
- Not knowing if you should follow the traditional publishing route or self publish.
- Not knowing what is expected of you.
- Worry about hidden extra costs.
- Worry about making back the publishing and printing costs.
- Anxiety about possibly having to commit to ordering large numbers of books or commit to a publishing package that causes financial hardship.
- Worry about who to trust and who to get sound information from.
- Not knowing what you want to do.
- Worry about an inferior product or service that will reflect badly on you.
- Worry that your book won’t sell.
- Worry about getting bad reviews or negative feedback.
- Worry that your dream will be trampled on.
As a publisher who offers self-publishing services to other authors, I have been there and know how to help. This is why I offer a personal self-publishing service working with a limited number of clients at any time. Put simply, I take the stress and hassle away to make the whole publishing process painless.
To arrange a complimentary consultation to see if self-publishing is for you, contact Orla here at https://orlakellypublishing.com/contact-publisher/